Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Don't Be Mean....

Day 31: 1/31/07

I am very little inclined on any occasion to say anything unless I hope to produce some good by it.-Abraham Lincoln


I have to agree with Abe. And it is something I am constantly trying to improve in myself. It is soooo easy to say something that produces no good, especially when you are in a conversation with a group of people who are bashing or criticizing someone else. I can too quickly just jump in and add my two cents. But the feelings of guilt I feel afterwards are really not worth it. It doesn't cost any money or time to say something nice instead of something mean. Most people hear enough negative talk during the day without me adding to it. And I would like to be remembered as the one person who said something nice to them that day. It might just be the one bright spot in their otherwise awful day. I must keep at it, because God knows I'm far from perfect.....I just keep plugging away.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

yeah ... leave the meanness at home! I'm with you -- there is enough negativity in the world as it is! I will admit, though, that not every word that comes out of my mouth is positive and purposeful for the general good. I talk A LOT! :)