Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Kindness: 1/17/07
Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.-Annie Lennox

How do you define kindness? What can you do to promote kindness between the people you encounter every day? Do you consider yourself a kind person? Where is the line between kind and push-over?


Have I been kind today??? I hope so, as I see so many people in need of a little of it. Once I've done some act of kindness, I see that a lot of people in this world are genuinely surprised that someone would be nice to them. In our world where we are all in a hurry all the time and busy thinking of what "we" want to do next, little kindnesses seem to get left out. It doesn't take a lot to make someone smile or help with something simple. We all feel for others when there is a BIG tragedy like a hurricane or tsunami, but it's the little everyday things we do for and to others that make us a kind person.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I agree--our kindness does seem to overflow when people need it most. More daily kindness (the little things) would be nice.