Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 6: Making a Decision?

For me, making decisions in general, are hard. I tend to overthink or in the alternative, plunge right in - never a happy medium. I guess that is why today's quote hit home.

"In any moment of making a decision the best thing you can do is do the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

This isn't an area where I struggle too much. I feel pretty grounded when it comes to making decisions. I know where my strength comes from and am patient enough to know that everything can't be settled or decided on at the exact moment that I want. I have learned that not making a decision can cause things to get worse, so it's better to do something, but not something random. Thought, prayer, wisdom and common sense are very valuable tools.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

Decide to nurture your inner geek! :)