Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1/22/07 - Monday Ambitions
Good morning! On this Monday morning are you resolving to get back on track? Maybe you were not so good to your resolutions this weekend, maybe you are trying to focus on what lies before you. Today's quote is about pushing your self - and your goals.

"My ambition is not to just be a good fighter, I want to be something special"
-- Sugar Ray Leonard


Something special??? The best??? Ambition??? But compared to who??? I am so not a competitive person, always happy to let the other person win or stand in the spotlight. I am not one to always give in or get used, but I just feel absolutely no need to win all the time. I like to think of being special or the best as compared to myself. Always trying to do better, improve, educate and expand myself compared to where I am now. I love scrapbooking, but am not one to send my stuff in to the magazines because that does not appeal to me. If I can see myself getting better and enjoying what I am doing, what's the point? I love looking at others work for inspiration and glad that others share, but it's not for me. I want to be someone who others think is special as far as how I treat them and people around me, but being the best at everything isn't necessary for me.

No comments: