Thursday, February 1, 2007

Keep on track!

2007, Day 32

Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
-Will Rogers


Remember those resolutions you set for 2007? Or the word you chose to represent your year? What are you doing to work toward them?
(I so needed this reminder today. I don't even remember what my resolutions are!)


Heading in the right direction and going in the right direction are not the same things. It's easy to start something and be heading in the right direction, but if you don't keep moving, what good is it. Going forward and achieving your goals is what it is all about. I am right on track with my resolutions....or should I say resolution (singular). Every year I attempt several things and end up quiting all of them. This year I picked ONE area and have been sticking with it. Yes, it covers several things, but it is working for me. It's the "do it when you don't feel like it and the feel like it will come". Every time I think "I really don't want to do that or don't feel like doing that" I go ahead and do it anyway. Because of this, my house is absolutely spotless, papers are all organized, bills paid, scrapbooking getting accomplished, cards stamped for everyone's birthday for the next few months, laundry is done and put away......in other words I've got my life going in the right direction (for me anyway) and I am happy and feel like I've accomplished something every day.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

I like your distinction between "heading" and "going"! :) Oh, so very true! I don't make resolutions, because it's just an exercise in frustration. I am free to make new goals at ANY time of year! :D