Monday, February 12, 2007

Hard work pays off....

2/12/07 - Time Flies. Be Prepared!

When I recently got a new job, I heard a lot of "well, I guess that just shows its who you know." While I realize people didn't intend to be insulting... I was a little wounded by that. Yes, I have good connections - I have worked hard to make them! I hear a lot of people complain that other people have better LUCK than they do.... hmmm. I think I agree with Ann Landers:

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them. --Ann Landers


I do not believe in "luck". If you want to use the word, then realize that we each make our own "luck". People who succeed do so because they have worked hard in life, whether it's making connections, working hard at their jobs, stretching themselves to help others or being creative. There is not luck there....just applying yourself. The people who feel they have had "bad luck" usually do not want to do what the next guy did to get where he is at. Things just do not fall into people's laps by accident, but are achieved by constantly giving your best and doing what is right even when you do not feel like it.

No comments: