Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Perfection???

The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.-Anna Quindlen

I have so much to say about this quote that I'm not even sure where to start. Who are you? Truly. Without anyone telling you what to do or when. Without being influenced by catalogs, commercials, and celebrities. Without someone else's ideas about perfection. Who are you?


Perfection is a hard one for me. Maybe not with my looks, but with just about everything else in life. I fight constantly to keep myself under control. I want the house to be cleaned a certain way, the laundry to be folded a certain way, the dishwasher loaded a certain way.....well, you get the picture. I even have to shop in the grocery store going down the isles in the same direction every time or I feel confused. Maybe there's just something not right about me, or maybe I'm a little to obsessive. Not sure, but I do know that rarely do things work out perfect and I've learned to live with that. And not just live with it, but be at peace with it. I'm seeing that at 54 I'm realizing that things do not have to be perfect in order to get done or even be done to my satisfaction. If imperfect still gets the job done, what does it matter. Maybe I'll always have to work on that, but at least I'm trying.


The picture is for those of us in cold climates,,,,,reminding us that summer will return!!!

No comments: