Sunday, March 18, 2007

Right Now?

3/18/2007 - What are you earning right now?

This might be my favorite quote yet. Really. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

In old age you must put up with the FACE, the FRIENDS, the HEALTH, and the CHILDREN you have EARNED. -Fay Weldon.


Earned? To me, it's more like CREATED. My face looks the way it does in part because of the care or lack of I've taken in the past. Too many sunburns and not enough sunscreen (back in the 50's and 60's that didn't exist) and the creams and gentle cleansings I'm giving it now. I'm learning more each year about my skin and learning to love it no matter how it looks.

My friends....they have come from the way I've treated people in the past. Some have come in and out of my life because of lack of keeping up, changing and differing attitudes towards things. And some have stayed because of learning to value friendship as we get older. As I've gotten older, I've developed more friendships and hung onto them because of their value.

Health....once again, we create a lot of our own health. It comes from the way we eat, exercise, lifestyle, genetics and attitude. Health is one area where I'm experiencing some changes within the last 3 years, but my attitude keeps getting better and better.....so that has to be a plus.

Our children....well, we definitely created them and molded them a lot into the persons they are now. Whether for good or bad, they pick up our habits and traits. I loved raising my children, but now that they are grown, my love for them is even greater as I see them develop into mature adults whom I can relate to on a grownup level.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

I like the idea of "creating" the future -- maybe it IS better than "earning" ... either way, isn't it great to be an active participant in our own futures? :D