Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday's Thought.....

Monday: What do you want?

The first step in getting what you want out of life is this: decide what you want.
-Ben Stein

Seems like a big thought for a Monday.


It is very easy to let every day just slip away without thinking about what you want. We all want the basics - food, getting to and from work, taking care of our children or spouse - just the basics. There isn't much thinking involved in that. Just routine. But to really think about what we want out of life - that's another story. I know a lot of people who don't think beyond today or tomorrow. Any maybe occasionally a vacation or small future event. But I'm talking about the big things in life, like what kind of person do you want to be, what kind of legacy do you want to leave behind. It takes time and effort to come to definite decisions about what your belief system is and what kind of person you will strive to be. And then, for me, lots of prayer and spending time with God. I know I want to constantly improve in my thoughts and actions towards others. It's easy to love those who love you or are just nice people, but what about those people that others have a hard time getting along with. What kind of person do I want to be towards them?

I want to be kind to everyone and patient and calm during all of life's storms. I'm striving and praying but will always be going in that direction.

No comments: