Sunday, March 4, 2007

Gotta Love Coffee Quotes!


Saturday 3/3/07: Coffee

"Coffee: creative lighter fluid." -Floyd Maxwell


Creative lighter fluid? Definitely! Coffee can get me charged quicker than anything (other than my rather active 3 year old granddaughter and my talkative 30 year old daughter). Working an odd schedule (night shifter), David and I live a rather odd life. Coffee is my staple, my lifeline on the weekends and keeps me alert when I need to be. I don't overdo, but a good cup can get me down here in my craft room creating instead of sitting on my butt and flipping through channels on the TV.

Starbucks is my place of choice and I drop in every Saturday morning after work, although we have some other wonderful places in town. I love the Coffee Hound downtown with a very friendly atmosphere (and David says "hot chicks"). Then there is Bevande over at Eagle Station area. They make the best Cafe Mocha,,,,,using dark chocolate. I order my coffee beans from Coffee AM online because they carry good beans and the most extensive line of flavored coffees I've ever seen.

A few more of my favorite quotes......

"If it weren't for caffeine, I'd probably have no personality at all!"

"Coffee: Water with an Attitude!"

"Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend."

"Decaf? No, it's dangerous to dilute my caffeine stream."

"The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it
which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening
cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce."
Oliver Wendell Holmes



"I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors."

"I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!"

" Coffee falls into the stomach ... ideas begin to move,
things remembered arrive at full gallop ... the shafts
of wit start up like sharp-shooters, similes arise,
the paper is covered with ink ..."
Honore de Balzac




All said and done, I'm a coffee person.

No comments: