Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where to start?

Guess we'll go with the beginning of the weekend. Picked up the beloved Trina after work on Saturday. Kendra & Bill's living room and entry porch look fantastic. The paint job was just what it needed. Once the carpet gets laid, it will be complete. Looks great!

Here's my new toy that my inlaws helped buy for my birthday (know the picture isn't that great):

And here is my helpful granddaughter teaching grandma how to get started downloading music because she has no clue! (and I'm the one who first showed HER how to use a computer playing a Winnie the Pooh game!):

She spent the rest of the day scrapbooking. And I might add that she scraps well beyond her years....her style is that of an adult and not a young girl. Her pages are very mature and though out. And of course that makes me very proud!

The next day we went to the movies (and once again it isn't a very good picture because I took from a picture I found online):but even though MY picture isn't that good, it is absolutely NO reflection on the movie. Jack Black was at his best! Very funny! Great graphics! Kept you interested! LOVED IT!

And then comes the rest of my time up to now......I only ate about a 1/4 of my popcorn at the movies (which for anyone who knows me is NOT like me). Just wasn't feeling right. Took Trina to meet up with the Bradford bunch and got to see my other 2 lovely girls. On the way home, David asked if I wanted to go out to eat. Well, once again anyone who know me.....I'd never say no. But I did. I just wanted to go home and go to bed. Thought I was just tired. Woke up later feeling awful. Had a fever of 101 and was achy. Later the fever was 102 and felt worse. Finally at 4:30 am we arrived at the ER because I couldn't stand it any longer. Ran tests, small kidney stone in the kidney (but that wasn't causing the current condition), thought maybe bladder infection or kidney infection but those turned out fairly normal. But there was definitely some kind of infection.....the IV solution and the antibiotic drip helped. Got back home by 8am........David got meds for me, ate and went back to bed. By noon the fever was back and so were the aches and pains. Fever kept going up and down and by the time David got up for work the fever was 102 again and I was right back where I started. I asked him to call the hospital and ask them what they thought. When the nurse mentioned that I should keep taking Tylenol with my antibiotic for the fever, we realized that the doctor had not told us that. Once I took it, within an hour the fever was going down and by 2 hours it was completely gone.

So here we are 3 days later and I'm finally able to sit at the computer for more than a minute. I slept all Sunday, Sunday night, came home and slept Monday, Monday night, Tuesday, Tuesday night.......WOW, ready to go back to work tonight because I'm just so excited to be feeling better. Hope that's the last of that for awhile.

No comments: